To our patients:
In an effort to support national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community:
- We are following directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association as a way to limit patient and staff exposure to this virus.
- Your health and the health of our dedicated staff, matters to us, so we will continue to suspend all non-emergency care. **Therefore, we will remain closed through May 28 per D.C. guidelines and not re-open until Fri. May 29 at 9 am.** If guidelines change, we will reassess.
- Patients will be seen only for urgent and emergency orthodontic needs. The ADA defines an orthodontic emergency as a procedure to address acute issues (e.g. pain, infection, trauma).
Because guidelines have changed so frequently, we have not yet contacted you about re-scheduling. We will do so when it looks like this latest change will remain in effect. Please give us time to re-organize the scheduling. We are continually checking messages and email during this time. You may text or call Heidi's cell: 301-802-4322.
Emergencies during the closure: Contact Dr. Michael Blackwood on his cell: 301-802-4542 if you are in pain or have any questions or concerns.
Once we re-open the following processes will be in place to keep you safe:
- We will email appointment reminders 1 week and 1 day before your appointment. We ask that you confirm your appointment both times. We will be asking you several questions. Please confirm these in your email:
- Are you experiencing: fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting?
- Is your body temperature above 100.4 degrees?
- Have you traveled outside the U.S. or have you traveled domestically within the U.S. by air, bus or train in the past 14 days?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, we ask that you kindly reschedule your appointment to at least 14 days later.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival at your appointment with a forehead thermometer. If your temperature is 100.4 or above, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- To minimize the number of people in the waiting room, please send the patient unaccompanied to the appointment. If you do come with them, please wear a mask and wait in the waiting room using proper social distancing guidelines.
- Patients should brush their teeth at home before coming to their appointment.
- Patients will rinse with a mouthwash at the appointment before adjustments are made by the doctor.
The safety and well-being of our patients has been and will always be our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 nationally and within our community and keep you up-to-date. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you in the office soon!